Monday 23 May 2016

Resisting the irrestible

I accidentally went to Sainsburys today. I had to take a friend to hospital and then I realised I didn't have any petrol so ... you get the picture.

I hadn't planned on going so didn't have my bags with me so tried to buy only things I definitely needed. Which turned out to require the purchase of 3 reusable bags anyway. But I'm rambling.

The problem I have with Sainsburys - apart from the tendency to buy food just in case - possibly in case of an apocalypse if you look in my fridge after a shop - is their BOGOF offers or Special Prices! Which inevitably involve boxes of Maltesers or Cadburys Fingers. At least the ones I look out for spot do.

But today I didn't allow myself to look. 

So my shopping consisted of fish, meat, vegetables and fruit. All most awfully healthy.

And tonight I have Thrive circuit training. The sun is shining so Jules may well make us run up and down the drive to the hall. Have I mentioned that I hate running with a passion? (Except when I'm racing against children of course.) I do. I do. I do.

Sally commented on my first post, asking if I was using Fitbit's food diary. I hadn't been as I didn't know it existed but it's very clever, telling you how many calories in the food you've just eaten. As long as I don't lie to it too much I should be able to get a better grip on where my wobbles are.

P.S. Speaking of wobbles, I'll be dealing with those in a later post.

Food Diary
2 weetabix with semi-skimmed milk and 1 teaspoon sugar
2 glacier fruits
3 ryvita with butter and marmite
4 cherry tomatoes
1 banana
2 sugar lumps
2 slices toast, baked beans and cheese
1 orange

FitBit
9,371 steps
3.93 miles
1782 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment