Tuesday 18 September 2018

So much for self restraint

Well, my self-restraint/righteousness was a waste of time: I put on .1 kg. Okay, that's not much but it's a GAIN!

I suspect the problem is that I'm mixing and matching diet plans - to ensure I get the most to eat obviously - and it isn't working.

Breakfast - weetabix - all diet plans
Lunch - Crunchy nut corn flakes - Special K diet plan
Dinner - meat and veg in some shape and form - slimming world/rosemary conley plans

I see a number of flaws in this but using Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes isn't one of them. The calories/fat/sugar contents aren't very different surprisingly. There is quite a lot of sugar in Special K. However the Special K diet plan is based on having a 30g bowlful. Hmm, mine is probably more 60.

Dinner time I'm not necessarily eating lots of speed feed as recommended by SW and I'm probably having quite large dinners.

What I haven't mentioned is the amount of fruit I eat during the day. Victoria plums are in season at the moment and I love them. They're okay: they are speed food. But as part of a meal not as snacks. Also pigging out on grapes - loaded with sugar as Husband frequently tells me. 

But I haven't been well. Okay, only slightly unwell, a bit snuffly, dry-throated, you know, but in need of some form of comfort food.

So I'll let myself off this week with a reminder to do better next week. I'm still on the pledge - remember, no chocs, cakes, bread etc - and I'll go back to proper SW lunches.

Hello, misery, my old friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment