Tuesday 7 August 2018

Weigh-hey day

Tuesday is traditionally our weigh day. Husband is a consistent weigher; I am less so depending on how fat I feel. This morning I decided to 'feel the fear and do it anyway' - Nike has a lot to answer for - so plucked up my courage and got on the scales.

It wasn't as bad as I expected. 

I put on a lot of weight over our holiday and it's been rising gradually since but I felt I'd eaten so much recently that it would have leapt up. So just a little, as in .2 kg, was a plus from my point of view. 

So today's weight is 60.8 kg or - hang on while I convert it - 134 lbs, which is 9 st 8 lbs.

That's 5 lbs above the weight I'd like to be. Not horrendous but unless I take care my weight will continue to creep up so must stop now.

The dilemma I have is the same as that described by Briony in her comment on my previous post. Chopping and changing between feeling 'healthy so what's a little extra weight?' and 'but I feel more confident and happier when I'm thinner.'

I think I could write pages about the influence of the media and my own insecurities but perhaps that's for another day.

For today, I'll try to be sensible.

4 comments:

  1. Love the comment on my name and the B.Hind, gave me a giggle.
    I actually got rid of my scales years ago figuring that I would know if I had put weight on by the fit of my jeans, its worked so far. The little dog was made by me and is crochet, I just added the fur to make him look more realistic. I forget where I found the pattern but it was online somewhere free.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always impressed by people's crafting abilities.

      Delete
  2. Weight is a constant problem with me, but I never weigh, even when I'm dieting and losing.

    That chair that you commented on, came from Sue when we got married. I think it used to be her piano chair before that. But maybe I'm confused with a different chair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This not weighing seems to be popular but when i do it I just gain weight.

      Delete