Monday 6 August 2018

Back on the diet today

It started well with two weetabix for breakfast. Collapsed at lunchtime.

My new waste-reduction campaign entails me eating up left-overs, which in this case meant white bread. Toasted with butter (lots of it obviously) and marmalade. On the plus side I did have some chilli beetroot before it. And some left-over barbecued corn on the cob - which although a Free Food is not a Speed Food so not entirely good.

So while saving the planet I am putting my diet at risk. Hey ho. Sacrifices have to be made.

I want to lose some of the weight I've put on over the last few months of holidays and enjoying myself, which is all very well and good but I am torn because every now and then I think, 'So what if I have a bit of extra weight? I am enjoying myself.'
And I reply, 'But you feel much better in yourself - more confident and happy - when your shorts don't feel so tight.'

We shall see which one of me wins.

But I shall have to go back to Slimming World because however strong I think my resolve is it doesn't work without some other motivation.


3 comments:

  1. I'm push-me-pull-me with the weight thing. At my age I think why bother but then I'd like to lose a bit. It's not new, I've been like this most of my life. Photos of me all different sizes, lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, Briony. (I love your name!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toast and marmalade with chili beetroot? Guaranteed to ensure weight loss surely…
    I must try it, I'm a size bigger than I was at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete