Monday 18 March 2019

Just how special is Uncle Ben's rice?

Breakfast and dinner times are fine on Slimming World but I struggle at lunchtimes, trying to think of things to have that isn't salad. Chilli beetroot and tomatoes are my go to and, while I very much enjoy them, there is a limit how much one can eat. Or how often.

So browsing in Sainsburys last time I picked up a packet of Uncle Ben's Special Savoury Chicken Flavoured Rice. It seemed like a quick option. Dug it out of the cupboard today and checked the number of syns. Three. So not too bad. 

I heated it up and before I'd tasted it I was put off by the smell. Now I do have a nose problem so it might not have been entirely the fault of the rice so I took a taste. Oh yuck. Seriously? 

So that's three syns I've saved. Although I still haven't solved the lunchtime problem. We're having baked potatoes for dinner so I don't really want one now as well. Baked beans? But what sort of speed food (basically most fruit and veg except potato) do you have with baked beans?

Uck, I can still smell it and I'm in a different room.

Weigh-in tonight so perhaps I'll just eat fruit for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment