Tuesday 9 April 2019

Ice cream for lunch is the answer - whatever the question

Coming back from holiday I was dreading weigh-in yesterday so discovering I had only put on one pound was a relief.

And as I'd only lost one pound since starting five weeks ago I'm back to the beginning again. But I had a very good holiday, eating lots of buffet breakfast and dinner, and having ice cream for lunch so mustn't grumble.
best ice cream in Fuerteventure


The first few days I ate like a woman who'd been on a diet forever: loads of bread and butter for breakfast and bits of everything. Then Husband commented, 'You're eating a lot of cheese on this holiday,' to which I replied, 'That's because I'm not allowed to.'

I think that was my wake-up call. From then on I tried to resist cheese and bread - not entirely successfully - and generally tried to be more sensible, while not depriving myself at any point. And the fact that I only put on a pound suggests this was a good move. 

We had virtually no exercise on holiday - apart from walking to the ice cream shop - so I'm trying to get back into that again now. Will be going to gentle fitness as usual tomorrow and yesterday I did my first zumba class. Definite disadvantage not being able to tell right from left quickly but I feel more at home than I did with the boxercise so I shall try to persevere.

I have even shopped sensibly this week and tried to plan meals in advance. (Polishes her halo.) But Elder Son and family will be here at the weekend for a few days so eating might be haywire then. 


9 comments:

  1. It sure is difficult to stay and eat healthy when on holiday. I'm not so much on ice cream but I do love bread especially when it's freshly baked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice-cream for lunch sounds wonderful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ice cream is a dish that is near to every ones heart kids and elders every one love ice cream

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's quite an achievement. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband left me last year after 25 years of marriage (he turned 50). It has been the most difficult year of my life, but full of lessons about myself and what life and marriage are all about. I am passionate about marriage and i didn't give up on my husband. resides in USA, I entered online in search of advice on how i can amend my marriage while i was at work. I saw so many positive reviews and nice feed back about how a Doctor called Robinson.buckler@ yahoo. com has been wonderful with his work. I gave a shot to make contact with him via his Email and he assured me that my marriage will be peaceful and i believed in his words. 16 hours after he finished work, my husband came back home pleading and now, we are living peacefully again. Get in contact with him if you need any help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since you look neither fat nor frumpy I can only assume that you have a good sense of humour!

    ReplyDelete

  7. I know there are still a lot of people suffering from different health issues and are therefore looking for solution. I bring you Good news. There is a man called Dr ROBINSON BUCKLER a herbal practitioner who helped cure me from Genital herpes and shingles, this i had suffered from for the past 2years and i have spent so much money trying to survive from it. I got my healing by taking the herbal medicine he sent to me to drink for about 14days . 14days after completion of the dosage, I went for a medical checkup and I was tested Genital Herpes NEGATIVE. I’m sharing this so that other people can know of this great healer called Dr ROBINSON BUCKLER because I got to know him through a friend he cured from too. I was made to understand that he can cure several other deadly diseases and infections. Don’t die in ignorance and don’t let that illness take your life. Contact Dr ROBINSON BUCKLER through his email........................robinsonbuckler@ ((h o t m a i l.)) com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ice cream is always a good idea

    ReplyDelete