Monday 1 August 2016

Excuses

Had family to stay.
Been busy.
Husband has athlete's foot. (Okay, not really relevant.)
Scale not working.
Diet gone to pot.

But now I'm back with a new all-singing, all-dancing weighing scales from Weightwatchers. I only got it out of the box today and I've already spent too much time shouting at it. Not because of my weight: that's still - amazingly - 140 lbs. But because it says 'tap lightly to switch on'.

I tapped lightly. I pressed long and hard. It seems the scale only turns on when it wants to.

I thought it might be that I hadn't fully removed the bit of tape that stops the battery going dead but in order to check that I had to find the teeniest screwdriver in the house. It looked as though the battery was a bit wonky so I removed and reinserted it and ... the scale still only works when it wants to.

I've put it to one side for a bit to see if it decides to start behaving before I have to take it back to the shop.

Meanwhile I'm trying again.

Very trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment